Do Small Things with Great Love.
I found a magnet with this saying last week and have it on my fridge now to give me courage and purpose every day.
When I was little I had dreams of running an orphanage in Romania. A big, beautiful orphanage with lots of grass and trees for children to play in, and the dearest, kindest, lovingest people running it so that every child would feel treasured.
When I got older I still wanted to run the orphanage, but I also wanted to build a safe and wonderful hideaway where anyone who has been abused can go to restore their bodies and spirits and learn to thrive again.
So reading that fridge magnet was such a gift, because I can do small things with great love.
I started hiking in our bush again and it has been wonderful. The woods are such a special place to me. The light, the trees, the wind, the air, the kangaroos hopping by, my dog Luna trotting happily beside me, and this week, the small things that are growing on the forest floor.
I may not be able to live out my big dreams right now, and that’s OK. No matter how bad I’m feeling or how poor I am, I can still do small things with great love.
- Bear making me a cup of tea every single morning no matter how stressed or busy or overwhelmed he is.
- friends coming over to visit with cookies and juice even when they were exhausted from a really difficult week.
- a friend giving me a jar of her homemade plum jam just because she knows I love it.
- a cousin taking time to write me real letters in Canada and send them all the way to Australia.
- a friend meeting me on Skype even though she was sick and I was sick just so we wouldn’t have to be sick all by ourselves.
Such little things that mean so much and make me feel loved right down to my toes.
What small things have made you feel loved recently?