It’s been a truly blissful weekend. Feeling well and truly under the weather, I canceled everything and tucked myself in at home to rest, read and write. It was just what I needed.
Comfort food was definitely in order, and I was happy to oblige. 🙂 Saturday I only wanted to cook once, so I juiced oranges and ruby red grapefruit then made a massive batch of my favorite breakfast: fried potatoes with sausage, peppers, onions and garlic.
Sunday I had a lot of leftover bits of this and that: cilantro, shredded beef, cherry tomatoes, chunk of sharp cheddar, wheat tortillas. A Breakfast Burrito was just the ticket.
When I checked my email this weekend, I was thrilled to find a note from the oh-so-lovely Oz at Kitchen Butterfly informing that she had given me two blog awards!!!
I have loved Oz’s writing, photos and spirit ever since I stumbled across her blog last month. With roots in Nigeria and the Netherlands, her recipes and experiences are an ever-changing delight. Thank you, dear Oz! 🙂 You absolutely made my weekend. 🙂
According to the rules of the first award, I must provide readers with the answers to the thirty-five questions below in one word. I also must thank my award-giver for this fun award (see above!) grant six of my favourite bloggers this award, then give them the heads-up that they have been nominated. Here goes! 🙂
Where is your cell phone? Couch
Your hair? Mess
Your mother? Creative
Your father? Dependable
Your favourite food? Potatoes
Your dream last night? France
Your favourite drink? Tea
Your dream/goal? Writer
What room are you in? Livingroom
Your hobby? Traveling
Your fear? Hopelessness
Where do you want to be in six years? Happy
Where were you last night? Home
Something that you aren’t? Jealous
Wish list item? Plane-ticket (a hyphen makes it one word, right? ;-))
Where did you grow up? Canada
Last thing you did? Scrabble
What are you wearing? PJ’s
Your TV? Mystery
Your pets? Eventually
Your life? Brighter
Your mood? Peaceful
Missing someone? Yes
Something you’re not wearing? Slippers
Your favourite store? Thrift
Your favourite colour? Red
When was the last time you laughed? Night
Last time you cried? Today
Your best friend? Honesty
One place that I go to over and over? Europe
One person who emails me regularly? Tabby
Favourite place to eat? Paris
For the second award, I’m to share ten things which make my day:
- Knowing all my dear ones are safe.
- Being told I am loved.
- Sunshine after lots of rain, rain after lots of sunshine.
- Handwritten letter or package in the mail.
- Surprise latte.
- Unexpected day off.
- Hearing from you folks. 🙂
- Someone cooking for me.
- Starting a really good book and have an afternoon free to read it.
- Discovering a new song that cheers my heart and playing it loudly and repeatedly.
And now for six blogs that inspire me. Since I already chose ten a couple of weeks ago, I’m going to list new blogs that also bring me joy. 🙂
- My Marrakesh – Maryam is a treasure of creativity, beauty and genuine love for others.
- Amuse-Bouche for Two and Words Just So – different blogs, same delightful woman. I love how her words beautifully set the scene for simple pleasures of food, homeyness and life with her man, Roberto.
- Little French Garden House – she presents such beautiful ideas and inspiration.
- Morning Light In My Room – Yvette has a gift for capturing beauty in simple things and soft light.
- Maison Cupcake – I love her “postcards” and honest portrayals of her triumphs and flops.
- I’m squeezing two into this last slot, because I can. 🙂 Ellie from Almost Bourdain and Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella – two delightful Sydney-based women who thrill me with the beauty of their photos and the lushness of their lives and recipes.
- And, I’m adding one more, because I recently discovered Kevin’s fantastic Closet Cooking blog and figure we need a worthy male addition to this list of inspiring people.
Happiest of Mondays, dear ones. 🙂