Good morning, luvs. It’s been a long and difficult week and I’m glad to see the last of it. I want to slip away to a gloriously restful spot like this one in Xcaret, Mexico, slump down into a chair and not budge until all the cares and stresses of the week have slipped away.
On days like this it does me much good to take a deep breath or two and focus on a few good things in my life.
- This weekend I get to see two brothers, a sis-in-law, my parents and grandies for an early Danish Christmas. I’m so excited to see them all, hug them tight, and spend a beautiful weekend playing Settlers of Catan, watching movies, going for long walks, and visiting for hours.
- Birthday roses to remind me I am loved.
- New books from the library set in Old Vienna and 1940’s Paris.
- Royal blue tights that make me grin.
- Skype that lets me see beloved faces on the other side of the world.
- Free Old Time Radio shows from iTunes.
- Enough money to cover all my bills this month.
- Really lovely people to work with.
- One last tea bag of Apple Cinnamon tea.
- Ginger Spice cookies that make my house smell so good.
I love this poem my friend Corrie sent me this week, and thought it might cheer your heart too:
Refuse to fall down
If you cannot refuse to fall down,
refuse to stay down.
If you cannot refuse to stay down,
lift your heart toward heaven,
and like a hungry beggar,
ask that it be filled.
You may be pushed down.
You may be kept from rising.
But no one can keep you from lifting your heart
It is in the middle of misery
that so much becomes clear.
The one who says nothing good
came of this,
is not yet listening.
(By Clarissa Pinkola Estés)
How was your week? Are you doing OK today? What are three good things in your life?
Sending you a big hug and hopes for a beautiful weekend. 🙂