On one of the coldest winter mornings yet, I had to be dropped off early for a doctor’s appointment. It was FREEZING but I was determined to make the best of it so I brewed a big thermos of chamomile tea laced with lemon and maple syrup, brought my favorite mittens (handmade by my very talented friend Marie), two pashminas, a big jacket, and I found the sunniest spot in town – a picnic table glowing in the early morning light. I pulled out a wonderful Italian cookbook and spent a very happy hour reading, sipping, and snuggling down into all my warm things.
Taking my goats out to the fields and finding the poplar trees that line our drive back-lit wondrously by the late morning sun. Happy sigh.
Snuggling with this little mite as the sun set over the fields, flooding us with light and warmth while she slept.
Trekking through brown-gold fields and finding this radiant little orange feather.
Roasted cabbage “steaks” liberally seasoned with olive oil and lemon pepper.
What are some things that made you smile this week? xo
Roasted Cabbage Steaks
serves a lot of cabbage lovers 😉
1 green cabbage
- Preheat oven to 375 F (200 C).
- Cut cabbge in half and remove core.
- Cut each half into 1-inch thick “steaks” and lay side by side on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle each steak with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper and sea salt.
- Place in hot oven and roast 30-40 minutes until cabbage is cooked through and browning nicely.
- Serve warm or cold.