I’m snatching a moment to hang out with you dear folks in the midst of the hustle and bustle of my last full day here in Washington.
I have errands to run, a car to sell, and a bridesmaid dress to find, but I need to take a few moments and let myself feel sadness, excitement, loss, gain, and to remind myself of the many good things I have to be thankful for:
- friends who stay up late with me getting everything packed.
- friends who come to help me pack and bring cake to boot. 🙂
- a little girl who comes in after all the work is done and asks if she could please do my hair and make-up. Who could resist?
- strapping fellows who haul boxes away with nary a word of complaint.
- folks who give hugs and luvs and remind me it’s all going to be OK.
- a gorgeous hand crocheted scarf from my Mum in the cheeriest colors imaginable.
- looking around my room and seeing that everything really is nearly done.
How are you doing today? How I wish I had time to sit down with you with a strong cup of tea (it’s pouring rain and cold here today) for a good, long visit.
Now I must be off. Make-up must be applied, breakfast eaten, crutches retrieved, and then I’m off to town to bid farewell to my lovely ol’ car and pass her along to a dear soul who both loves and wants her.
Hope you have a wonderful day! 🙂 xo